The Qalgi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Qalgi

Education for Inupiat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nancy Florence Oviok

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Nancy Florence Oviok Empty Nancy Florence Oviok Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:18 am

Nativelady95

-

Hello my name is Nancy F. Oviok, Married to Roy Oviok, Originally from Point Hope, Alaska! Have four lovely children! Love them dearly! Terza, she will be ten October Ten, Bridgett, she just turned nine, September 18, Kyla she's five, and finally the last child Kasey she is three.
Oh man I didn't think i would get married, have kids.. Especially to a Tikigaqmuit! But i guess that's what his intentions were for me! We have been married now for ten years now! Oh my gosh can you believe Ten years of marriage! Lots and lots of up and downs together!
Okay I moved my family to Fairbanks, to continue my education in Accounting. I attended College at Ilisagvik back in 1997-1999. Which i was undecided in what i want to major in! So then after my mother's father pasted away i went home. Then i found out i was pregnant with my first child in 1999. then life went by fast! So finally i decided it was time to finish up with my degree! Actually that was my main goal! Was to get my Degree in Accounting. I chose that field because was a bookkeeper at Point Hope, with the same pay rate for four years and no pay raise! So i was like heck with this rate i am at, when i could get a higher paying job with a degree in my hands! Yes it is still my main goal right now! There is a few time this past year where i wanted to go home and drop everything.. So i talked with my Brother Rex Rock Sr and my mother and father Elijah and Dorcus Rock in what should i do, then i decided and they encourage me to finish college!
We are currently in Fairbanks since 2006. My girls really miss Point Hope, Especially Terza and Bridgett, they really want to play basketball! In other words Little Dribblers! Here in fairbanks i have no idea where to start to have them in that kind of field! I wish i had the hook ups here in Fairbanks for them two to start Basketball at such a young age! Okay Terza wanted to be cheerleader, now she's leaning towards basketball. Bridgett oh my gosh! The last two summers i had compliments that she was very good at soccer! Then later in the summer she would say mom I want to play basketball! All I could say was i'm sorry babe i have no idea where you can play besides the playgrounds!
Okay i'm sorry i wrote to long so anyways this is me! Nancy F. Oviok! Laughing

2Nancy Florence Oviok Empty Re: Nancy Florence Oviok Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:24 am

Rainey

Rainey
Admin

Hey Nancy!

When we were living in Fairbanks I remember when I was little Dad and Mom enrolled me in little dribblers and in Gymnastic classes. And Sun did Hockey. I don't know where they got the info and all that but I remember it cause it was so much fun!

I hope you find something for your baby girls Razz

And welcome to the forum!

https://theqalgi.forumotion.net

3Nancy Florence Oviok Empty basketball Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:46 am

DebToopetlook

Evelyn here at RSS has her son play in the Interior bball league. Its like little dribblers. I was gonna get In'uli into that group next year. I'll keep you posted. Lemme know if you hear anything too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum