The Qalgi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Qalgi

Education for Inupiat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Uva(n+g)a Aaluk

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Uva(n+g)a Aaluk Empty Uva(n+g)a Aaluk Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:12 am

Aaluk

I am Aaluk Susan Edwardson. Home for me is Barrow, AK. I live in Hanover, New Hampshire for now, trying to finish my degree in environmental science and social justice with an emphasis on policy and community education/awareness. I have an amazing little a(n+g)un named Unalina. He's "sisamut" he says. He lives with me part time and his dad in Alaska part time. I work part time as a waitress and take classes. I have a good, but hard life with classes, custody hearings, travel (aka $$$) problems and so on, but I love it. I study about the environment, how humans have impacted the environment and how social justice issues are inherently related to societies perception and (mis)use of the environment.

I care deeply about my people, my language and my family. I am a passionate person, with much to say and much to learn. I love yoga and uunalik. I crave the community of whaling and the love of my home. I am fascinated by how people interpret and see the world and themselves. I love discussion and learning new perspectives. I think divorce and custody issues drain you to the point that you, and only you, have to decide how, when and with what to fill yourself back up with.

I am growing, changing and forgiving. More so of others, but I am working on forgiving myself. I am vulnerable and sometimes overly self-conscious (a horrible part of my history). I strive in every moment, to be proud and happy with how I react to that moment, but do sometimes fail. And that's okay.

I am accepting and open. I want never to be blinded by the idea that I know too much to allow more knowledge, perspective, insight in.

This is what I am right now, in this moment. I am not like the wind and change by the moment, but I do change. I allow myself that and I hope you allow me, but most importantly you, that too.

I have infinate faith that our people will overcome the obstacles set before us. I trully believe that the death of a language or culture is only dead when WE say it is. WE are the culture. WE are the language. WE are our people's future. WE ARE INUPIAQ.

sunny

2Uva(n+g)a Aaluk Empty Re: Uva(n+g)a Aaluk Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:33 pm

Rainey

Rainey
Admin

Hey Aaluk and welcome to the board!

Just to let you know that I have added you to the group "students" and that is why your name is green.

cat

https://theqalgi.forumotion.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum