The Qalgi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Qalgi

Education for Inupiat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hi I'm Jay--at Ilisagvik College

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hi I'm Jay--at Ilisagvik College Empty Hi I'm Jay--at Ilisagvik College Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:16 pm

Jay

Greetings, all:

I am so happy to be part of this forum. I am in Barrow, Alaska, available to help students here in person and students anywhere else on phone or email. I teach writing, research, literature, speech, art appreciation, just about anything except math. I earned my college degree long after I had graduated high school and while I had two very young daughters to care for AND worked full time for most of it. I definitely remember the challenges of going to school and balancing a family life and work life at the same time.

Right now (Sept 09) I am teaching a course in Writings About the Arctic and have just reread Dawn in Arctic Alaska by Diamond Jenness, Fifty Miles Miles from Tomorrow by William Hensley, and am reading The Whale and the Super Computer--all wonderful and interesting books. I love to read!

Get in touch by email. I check email many times daily. Just put Qalgi or MENTOR in the subject line. You will hear from me shortly. You can also leave phone messages at 907-852-1712, but I don't check the phone as often as I do email. Also, if you are at NARL, my office is in Hut 60. Stop by--I am there for at least a few hours on most days.

Get in touch!

Jay St. Vincent
jay.stvincent@ilisagvik.cc

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum