The Qalgi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Qalgi

Education for Inupiat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Education does not always involve square buildings

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Rainey

Rainey
Admin

I must add that education does not always mean square buildings. I am currently in my second phase of study. I've gone to University, gone to Grad school...and came away with many degrees and papers that I value very much. Now I've entered the education that will take a lot longer than my university years. My Inupiaq Education. Which is just as important as my non-native education. This year I earned a degree in how to crack a caribou rump with just a knife or ulu, and picking berries 101. I have learned many place names and place stories. I have learned one beautiful Inupiaq song. I have learned that you can sing a ground squirrel out of his hole. I have learned that if you don't scrape the caribou skins at a certain time, they get too dry and rip. And later in my life I will turn that around and teach some other young person....

Encourage those that are in education...wether it be in University type or Nuna type.

Education is precious.

Here is a place to show off or ask advice or even just post questions about Inupiat type Education.

https://theqalgi.forumotion.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum