The Qalgi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Qalgi

Education for Inupiat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Knock, Knock...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Knock, Knock... Empty Knock, Knock... Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:03 am

pearl.brower

Hello All-

I believe this is the place that I am supose to post my bio... and Yes, Rainey, I have been meaning to do this forever, I am sorry it's taken me so long.

I was born in Anchorage, and raised in both Barrow, and McArthur, California. I have always felt very luck because I was able to experience a subsistence lifestyle in Barrow, as well as a farming/ranching lifestyle in Northern California, which is also subsistence based!

I graduated from High School as valedictorian and as one of only a few Native students at the school, this is a great accomplishment of mine. I then attended Shasta College, a small community college in California before attending University of Alaska, Fairbanks and graduating in 2004 with a double degree in Anthropology and Alaska Native Studies.

I then moved home to Barrow where I have been ever since. I'm currently working for Ilisagvik College handling a myriad of many tasks and completing my Masters Degree though a UAF distance program.

I have a duplex in Barrow, and being a landlord is tough, I live with my little mini dachshund Aza, and just recently have been thinking that maybe I need another pet. I love to travel and do so frequently as well as bake, read, crochet and cross-stitch. Yes, I'm very domestic!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum