The Qalgi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Qalgi

Education for Inupiat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Masters Degree

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Masters Degree Empty Masters Degree Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:20 pm

Snowy Owl

I want to get a masters degree in creative writing and/or non-profit management. UAF would be great since there is an availability of Inupiaq cultural type studies and courses that are rural oriented. I do not have residency established in AK, but since I am Inupiaq maybe the university would help me get accepted and funded? Currently, I am in Seattle and can easily apply to UW or any of the many universities. Seattle University also has a non-profit management program that is more established than the new one the Evans Public Administration dept. at UW.

I really need to meet with an advisor, I recently graduated with my bachelors. My Dad encourages me to study a masters program for myself and not for a job because he says I'm already over qualified with skills. He agrees some management level work like my interest in non-profits might benefit from a masters.

One of the reasons I'm stalling is because I have a 16 year old son who needs to finish high school, and financial aid does not provide enough to support a family while in college full time. I've been a FT student before while being a single mother of two, it was tough to find the resources to fund my education plus put my oldest thru technical college.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum